Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring Has Sprung (Almost!)


Perhaps it's because I'm a Texas girl, but I loathe winter. Anything below 50 is freezing to me, which is why I couldn't be happier that spring has almost arrived. The season evokes thoughts of new beginnings, sunny days, and warmer weather. And for all my fellow beauty fanatics, it also means it's time to dig out your bright, punchy makeup colors (finally!). I'm the type of gal who bases my nail polish shade on the season, and for some reason when I think spring, I think pink. On my hunt for the perfect color, I found a great one!

The polish is from the Sally Hansen's new Complete Salon Manicure line. I found the shade range impressive and was automatically drawn to "I Pink I Can," which I would describe as a crisp Barbie pink. It's not quite neon, but it's definitely very bright and very fun. Besides the awesome color, my favorite feature of the polish has to be the brush. It's flat and slightly pointed, which I think makes the application so much easier than painting with a traditional brush. I applied three (very thin) coats of polish and a clear topcoat, and I loved the results. What are some of your favorite nail polishes for spring? Do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Please keep in mind that this blog is meant to be a positive place and any negative/hurtful comments toward me or each other will not be tolerated. Let's keep it classy and have fun!