Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Homemade Lip Scrub


I've been seeing lip scrubs all over the place lately. Of course, the beauty industry has found yet another piece of skin that must be exfoliated! I thought it sounded ridiculous at first, but actually it makes a lot of sense. If you wear a lot of nude lipstick and gloss like I do, it accentuates any flakes or rough patches on lips (gross, I know). A lip scrub keeps your lips smooth so your makeup looks better. What's not to like about that?

I'm always up for getting in the kitchen and whipping up something beauty-related, so I came up with my very own lip scrub that I think gets the job done just as well as a commercial product. Bonus: it smells (and looks!) just like pecan pie filling!

Leslie's Lip Polish

- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon petroleum jelly
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 drop vanilla extract

Mix all ingredients together and place mixture in a small jar. (I used a sample jar from The Body Shop. You could also use an empty lip gloss jar that you've cleaned and sanitized with alcohol). To use, take a small amount of the lip polish and rub into lips for about a minute. Rinse off, towel dry lips, and follow up with a layer of lip balm. I've been using this a few times a week before bed, and my lips are staying consistently smooth and moisturized. Give it a try, and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Please keep in mind that this blog is meant to be a positive place and any negative/hurtful comments toward me or each other will not be tolerated. Let's keep it classy and have fun!